• 2009: Outsourced distribution for a privately owned company in NYC—improved service levels while reducing expenses by $1.4MM annually.
• 1998: Project Leader for the move of book distribution for Little, Brown and Company, Disney Press, Hyperion, Atlantic Monthly Press, Sunset Books, Warner Books, and Oxmoor House from Massachusetts to the new 900,000 sq. ft. Time Warner Publishing Facility in Lebanon Indiana.
• 2001 -2004: Streamlined and automated distribution operations for numerous mid-sized business acquired by an educational publishing company—including EDI, Chelsea House, Sundance, Newbridge
• Negotiated aggressive truck and small package carrier discounts for Haights Cross Communications, saving close to $1MM annually. Discounts exceed 52% for small package and 84% for truck.
• 2010 – 2013: Restructured IT function for NYC based book publisher, reducing staff by 33% while improving service dramatically.
• 2010 – 2013: Researched and installed ERP, CRM, CMS, e-commerce, and workflow systems for NYC based publishing company.
• Project managed complete rebuilding of IT infrastructure—security, computer room, DR, virtual servers, etc.
• 2000 - 2008: Moved companies acquired by a educational software and book publisher to corporate software for infrastructure and corporate software, including MS Dynamics GP and MS Dynamics CRM.
• 2006: Developed suite of web reports that delivered a wide range of information to executives, marketing, finance, and the field sales force.
• 2013: Developed online tracking program to monitor product development, to track against budget and against timetable.
• 1997: As Director of Programming, oversaw rewrite of custom ERP system used to run Time Warner Trade Sales.
• 1998: As Director of Programming, created integrations between Time Warner WMS and Custom ERP system.
• 1997 – 1998: Project Leader for establishment of Time Warner Publishing distribution center in Indiana.
• 2004: Project Leader for establishment of Haights Cross Shared Service Center in Northborough, MA.
• 2009: Project Leader for establishment of Triumph Learning Service Center in Littleton, MA ($600K annual savings)
• 2009: Project Leader for exploring various 3PL vendors to outsource distribution ($1.4MM savings)
• 2003: Revamped and moved customer service department for EDI. Installed new phones, hired staff, and drastically improved service levels.
• 1994 - 1998: Improved Little Brown and Company customer service so that rated #1 in publishing industry.